Patagonia Tours for both ...
Argentinean and Chilean Patagonia


Whether you'd like to visit Argentina's Patagonia, the Chilean counterpart, or both, there is a good number of Patagonia Tours to choose from, together with the possiblity to create a custom tour of your own if you need it. This vast expanse of land, colectively known as Patagonia, has the shape of an inverted triangle, comprising some 400,000 square miles at the sothern end of the South American continent.

Around three quarters of this total falls into the Argentinean side, being the Colorado river its northern border, marking the end of the fertile Pampas and beginning of the arid Patagonia steppe. On the Chilean side, it starts somewhere around the Lakes District, almost in front of Chiloé island.

Further down South, at the southernmost tip, the archipélago of Tierra del Fuego, separated from mainland by the Strait of Magellan, and also shared by both countries. Comprising a total of almost 19,000 square miles, 62% of it corresponds to Chile while the remaining 38% to Argentina.


Patagonia is a landscape of the imagination, a wonder of the world. It's the land where Charles Darwin, Robert FitzRoy, William Henry Hudson, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Bruce Chatwin and Paul Theroux amongst others, experienced life-changing journeys.

As for the etymology of the word "Patagonia", it's believed it comes from "patagones" (big feet), name given to the native Tehuelche people found by Ferdinand Magellan when exploring the region in the early XVI century.

Patagonia is like nowhere else on Earth. Its indisputable highlights are Torres del Paine National Park, Perito Moreno glacier and the Southern Right Whales off the coast of Puerto Pirámides - Valdez Península - but to many, its beauty lies in the sublime and varied topography of the region as a whole, converting it into de journey of a lifetime.

Who knows?.. you too could experience a life-changing moment when ready to explore this jewel of the South American continent.


Have a look at the Patagonia Haiku Deck and USATE English to get a visual introduction through a presentation software.



Patagonia Tours:


Whether it's Torres del Paine in Chile, Ushuaia -the city of the end of the world - in Tierra del Fuego, or El Calafate in the heart of the glacier fields, Patagonia has a lot to offer, so it's best if you plan your trip carefully to make sure you see the highlights that most interest you.

Please note that the best time to travel to Patagonia is during the summer months - from November to March - when the mean daytime temperature hovers around the twenties in the Bariloche area and the low teens at Ushuaia and Punta Arenas. Many hotels and facilities are closed during the winter months from May to September.

Patagonia is a vast and wild landscape that is the perfect escape for the adventurous trekker as well as those who want to travel to Patagonia in luxury and style.














































































Don't find what you're looking for?...

Create a Customized Patagonia Travel Pakage Asterisk




Torres del Paine, Patagonia.
Torres del Paine. Patagonia.

AsteriskWe receive a small compensation for our advertising efforts if you choose to book through us. Thanks a million for that!













Google+ Follow Me on Pinterest














Share Your Favorite Tourist Attrctions in Argentina...
Flag of Argentina
..and receive our top Screensaver as a gift!..
Loading


Return from Patagonia Tours to Patagonia
Return to Argentina
Unique South America Travel Experience Home